Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Boggling Blogging Blogger

The ironic thing about time is the harder you look for it, the harder it is to find.

I've long believed that there is no such thing as a "lack of time." The time we've been given is all we'll ever need. What we lack is not time, but the discipline to use it as we want to. So, hypothetically speaking, when a blogger of significantly insignificant cyber-significance continually neglects his little weblog he should not tell his familial following that he just "doesn't have time to blog." He may be better telling them straight, "I just don't make time to blog."

Deeeeep.

So I'm not apologizing for this undoubtedly boggling lack of blogging. At this point in my life, I have many priorities. The same amount of time, of course, but many important things to wedge into it. I'm still a student, a friend, a boyfriend, a brother and a son, still a Resident Assistant for 44 charming freshman guys, still a chapel leader and an employee, and still trying my best to be a devoted and faithful follower of Christ through it all. To top it all off, I'm also still occupied by the full-time application process for graduate school.

It's a sorry thing that public reflections and thoughtful recapitulations on the progression of my life must be sacrificed along the way, but I'm not sorry for a second for all the opportunities I've had this year, for all I've learned, for all I've achieved, for all I've aspired to, and for how I've been humbled and grown.

Regarding all aforementioned commitments, things continue to race along as one might expect them to. The task of summarizing even the highlights of such times is rather daunting at this moment, so if you really want to know the details, let's talk in person.

Suffice it to say, that I'm learning a lot these days. I'm being challenged and I'm being humbled, and it's no walk in the park. But I'm grateful for every opportunity I've had and am having. And I'm especially thankful lately for the blessing it is to dream about my future, and to chase those dreams. To have options and to be able to apply to 11 schools in 11 different cities with excitement overwhelming my apprehension.

But I'm most thankful for the hope I have in the God who goes with me into all of these things. The God who goes with me now. The God who is faithful, even in my unfaithfulness. The God who is strong, strong enough for all my weakness.

So in the midst of all of this, I often echo the words of David after that rather regrettable Bathsheba incident, and I'd like to share them with you now. [For the record, I cannot relate to the whole kill-a-man-take-his-wife thing, but to the notion that a hundred compelling desires can blot out the only one that really matters, I do resonate.]
  
Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me.

Amen, King David, sir ... Amen.

Over and out.
jmb



Restore

1 comment:

MBoden said...

Amen. Joshua Boden. Amen.